 Administrative / Suggestions / 1326
Re: Vote to unhighlight?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:56:03 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, David Eaton wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
  I was asking for the ability to prevent or remove any highlighting only
from my own posts.  I guess I felt it would be only the author's perogative
(i.e. I wouldn't have the ability to lowlight anyone else's post.).

I would probably suggest 2 bits tagged on the post:
1) Author has prevented highlighting/spotlighting
2) Admin has prevented highlighting/spotlighting

I would have no problem with the author having that ability, but the only time I
would consider allowing Admin to do it would be with "murfled" posts (as
described in the leaked p&p doc). And I would probably say in that particular
case, it would be a good idea - should maybe even be automatic.

ROSCO