 Administrative / Suggestions / 1320
Re: Vote to unhighlight?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:00:52 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Steve Bliss wrote:

<snip>

LUGNET history note: we already went through this.  When highlighting was first
available, it was possible to give a negative rating to messages.  This feature
was abused/misused almost immediately -- or at least, people perceived that it
was being abused/misused.  The interface was changed to only allow
no-vote/highlight/spotlight.

Lowlighting would have to be handled differently from highlighting.  Lowlighting
would be a setting on a message to prevent people from highlighting it at all.
Basically, the author of the message would need to specify 'lowlight flag' when
the message is posted.

Steve

Well then that,s different, isn't it?

The ability to choose whether my post should be able to be highlighted or
not--that's a pretty neat little thing...

Would that 'non highlighting' flag be carried down to all subsequent posts in
the tree, or just that one posting?  There may be issues either way.

Hi Dave,

  I was asking for the ability to prevent or remove any highlighting only from
my own posts.  I guess I felt it would be only the author's perogative (i.e. I
wouldn't have the ability to lowlight anyone else's post.).

Dave K

Kevin