 Administrative / NNTP / 93
Re: Broken mailers which mess up threading
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 06:50:07 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Christopher Lindsey writes:
I'd say that's perfectly in line with with RFC 850, Section 2.2.6.
It clearly says that a References: headers is "required for all
follow-up articles" and that the first four characters of the
Subject: header should be changed to "Re: " if they aren't set
already.

Except cases where you do the "(was: ...)" thing, right?

--Todd