 Administrative / NNTP / 101
Re: Broken mailers which mess up threading
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:43:55 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Larry Pieniazek writes:
which I was hoping would be a unique identifier to it, but I found a message
that Larry posted which contained:

This Larry? Can you post the URL, I will take a look at it and tell you what
the circs were. I make it a practice not to reply via email EVER but always
use the web (or very rarely, NNTP via NS comm 4.7 from my home PC) to reply.

Ya, that Larry!  :-)  Lemme see if I can conjur it up again.  OK, here it is:

   http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=2319
   http://news.lugnet.com/news/raw.cgi?lugnet.loc.au:2319

[...]
Now, if someone (despite my many rants) sent me a "courtesy copy" of
something via email and I didn't realise it and replied, thinking that I
was replying to them... that might be about the only circumstances where I
would post by mail.  Feel free to tar and feather them for me.

According to the NNTP headers, ya, it was posted via email.

--Todd