 Administrative / NNTP / 104
Re: Broken mailers which mess up threading
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 22:27:48 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Larry Pieniazek writes:
[...]
3. Maybe raw.cgi is not a good approach. I liked your old clickable URL for
viewing raw messages that didn't go through the cgi.  [...]

Actually, there never was any other way to view raw messages via HTTP than by
clicking the "View Raw Message" link, which goes to the raw.cgi script.

Now, since all DAT files
are cgi's as posted here, what I get when I click on this is the "do you want
to save or display" dialog and then a perfectly useless launch of MLCad on the
mail message. :-)

Either that or I am misremembering and you used raw.cgi all along and I don't
have my mime types or corresponding actions quite right here...

raw.cgi sends a MIME content-type of 'text/plain', so you should never see
anything funky there.  ldraw.cgi sends a MIME content type of 'application/
x-ldraw' so if you see anything strange there when you click, I would guess
that your MIME associations aren't set up the right way at your client.

--Todd