 Administrative / NNTP / 426 (-20)
  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) First, yes train folks would be interested. Just as they would be interested if someone had a MetroLiner for sale, that doesn't mean the post should be in .trains . Second, it is purley marketing, the contest is free to join but don't think (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) So can they not post in the Dear Lego thread? If not then that just adds onto the list of things that makes no sense to me. Or am I reading this wrong? Mark P Who is still waiting for an example of how Lego 'clutters' up threads (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) Well, I don't think LEGO can step on toes easily by posting here, but there are other ways they can. That's another facet of the relationship, one that I've discussed briefly with Direct too. They have a good attitude, and part of what they (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) So you are saying the train people would not be interested in this post? It is about trains so, according to the TOS, it belongs in the trains group. I do not see how it is purley marketing - they are not trying to sell us anything, it is a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) Note that I think this allows you to "change" an address but does not give you an easy way, from one browser, to create two posting identities (which both link to the same real human being, and which both clearly show a way to contact that (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) xpost to lego.direct, so employees can reply. Eric - I have mixed feelings about your statement, and I'm sure there are people on both extremes. I think its great that LEGO is posting their stuff here, afterall, we're a consumer market too. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) "That Larry guy, he just keeps trying to give money, I wish he'd go away." ;^) I've noticed the lost mail thing too, and the response rate. I remember he once said that he prioritized messages and replied to those, and still some got lost (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) lugnet.trains, (...) I totally disagree. That post has no place in .trains IMHO. It was a marketing post and just like I agree with .market posts not being in the theme groups I agree that direct LEGO marketing posts don't belong in the theme (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) Why do feel that that post does not belong in trains? I agree it belongs where it was posted - but it should also be in trains. I see no reason why it would not belong in trains... it was about trains and would appeal o the train people - (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) Yes indeed. Of course it doesn't work 100% reliably (1), leaves no trace, and provides no opportunity for anyone else to comment, offer workarounds, etc. where that would be a helpful thing to do. Seriously... this blocking of posts to .admin (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) Would that really happen? if this was the only place for them to answer questions, the mass amount of posts in this thread would be staggering. Plus, if they do answer a question there would be some follow-up in the direct thread - there would (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) This HAS to be an oversight on Todd's part. I can't imagine he did that on purpose. So I wouldn't worry about it unless it stays that way. But it seems clear to me that Todd acted in haste for some reason, it's not like him to overlook a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) No, I understand that. I guess the question was more "why do we as a community want that?" I know I don't. I'd rather see them restricted. I'm glad, for example, that Jake's Train Contest announcement did *not* go in lugnet.trains, but rather (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) They can answer the question. They just can't answer it in a fan forum. Which *is* a good thing, because when you see it there will be no doubt that it is 100% Official LEGO position. (...) No, I am saying that I would prefer to see fans only (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) Some people posted that they were annoyed that they'd have to read lugnet.lego.direct in order to find announcements that had previously been in the train or legoland groups. I was trying to address those concerns. FUT: lugnet.admin.nntp (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) Todd, Are these Lego individuals members of LUGNET? (I know Jake is) And if so have you provided them with an alternate means of posting? (such as a different e-mail address through the web interface or from home) As long as you do not revoke (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) Is it really a good thing if someone at TLC happens to have TLC records which allow them to answer one of the "Dear Gary" posts, and they are allowed to share that information, to not allow them to directly respond to the original question? (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) If this policy is to continue, let me make another suggestion to help with this: there's always lugnet.lego.announce - encourage LEGO employees to post there. Todd, I think it was probably a bad idea to institute this policy without discussing (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) Why allow them to spread marketing-type announcements all over Lugnet? I don't get it. eric (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) How about this: allow them to post as long as it is crossposted to at least one lugnet.lego.* group. That allows the train or legoland type announcements to go there, and also appear in the lugnet.lego.direct. You could even automate it so (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact