 Administrative / NNTP / 414
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 21:48:28 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, William R. Ward writes:

Some people posted that they were annoyed that they'd have to read
lugnet.lego.direct in order to find announcements that had previously
been in the train or legoland groups.  I was trying to address those
concerns.

No, I understand that.  I guess the question was more "why do we as a community
want that?"  I know I don't.  I'd rather see them restricted.  I'm glad, for
example, that Jake's Train Contest announcement did *not* go in lugnet.trains,
but rather in lugnet.lego.direct.  I think that's closer to where it belongs
(which is actually lugnet.lego.announce).

eric