 Administrative / NNTP / 421
420  |  422
Subject:
The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 22:17:06 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Eric Kingsley writes:
I totally disagree.  That post has no place in .trains IMHO.  It was a
marketing post and just like I agree with .market posts not being in the theme
groups I agree that direct LEGO marketing posts don't belong in the theme
groups.

xpost to lego.direct, so employees can reply.

Eric -
I have mixed feelings about your statement, and I'm sure there are people on
both extremes.  I think its great that LEGO is posting their stuff here,
afterall, we're a consumer market too.

There's been a lot of attitudes expressed here towards keeping LUGNET 'pure'
of LEGO's marketing.  There's also been attitudes of integration and
cooperation with LEGO and welcoming them into all areas of LUGNET.  So, the
question, where does the relationship stand?

I think that now, or a few months from now, is a good time to define a more
clear relationship between TLC and the adult community.  What do they want
from us?  What do we want them here for?  How much of their involvement is
welcome, officially, that is?  What really will happen from all of this?

It would be great to sometime have an open forum about this, or a survey put
out by LUGNET, or something, and then a statement to clarify where the
relationship stands, what's ok and what's off-limits, etc.

A lot of people (myself included) sometimes get confused as to how welcome
LEGO is here.  There's a lot of emotions that have shown recently towards
LEGO, good, bad, and ugly.  I think working together is key, but both sides
need to understand each other so we don't step on each others' toes, or
start going where we're not welcome.

Thoughts?

-Tim