 Administrative / NNTP / 403
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:50:43 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:

Remember that LUGNET is a site by fans, for fans -- and the
sanctity of the theme groups is vitally important.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "sanctity"? I'm sensing that there's
some problem here that you're more aware of than some of us. It may be that
it's too sensitive to go into, so that's fine if that's the case. But my
perception was that "official" participation in theme groups was beneficial.
However I may not have all the data.

Requiring that people post using a non lego ID to participate elsewhere
seems awkward, but sometimes no amount of disclaiming that something is
unofficial is enough, I guess.

I know *I* get confused by when you're speaking officially and when you're
not. (signing "-news admin" like you did at the start of the thread makes it
very crisp, though) I'm sure you'd agree that using a different posting
identity (email address) for when you were speaking officially would be
awkward for you as well.

++Lar