 Administrative / NNTP / 429
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 23:49:53 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Eric Joslin writes:
Is it really a good thing if someone at TLC happens to have TLC records
which allow them to answer one of the "Dear Gary" posts, and they are
allowed to share that information, to not allow them to directly respond
to the original question?

They can answer the question.  They just can't answer it in a fan forum.
Which *is* a good thing, because when you see it there will be no doubt
that it is 100% Official LEGO position.

Yup, exactly, and it's extremely easy to post a link to the official LEGO
response just about anywhere.  It happens all the time now with web stuff,
and it happens often in the Italian local groups that someone there will
post a link to an English message and spawn a new thread of discussion about
it in Italian.

Interestingly, TLC employees aren't even allowed to post in the .admin
groups, so if they have a question about posting, they have to ask over
in lugnet.lego.direct or whatever.

Or they can email the admins.

Almost all of our communication last year with LEGO was by email, telephone,
or face-to-face meetings.

I'm not sure why LEGO would want its employees posting in an official
capacity to a LUGNET .admin group anyway.  Unless Brad Justus is calling us
on the phone in a frenzy about this, it is a non-issue.

--Todd