 Administrative / NNTP / 171 (-20)
  Help: Leading Spaces?

G'day Todd, Over the past week or so I'd sent a couple messages your way regarding an intermittent posting problem using the web interface. I hadn't received a reply, but I guess you've been sick/busy. But anyhow, I have since been able to get a (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Message-ID -> Article number

(...) Something like X-Message-Archive: (URL) be very nice. --Todd (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Message-ID -> Article number

(...) 1) They're gunky looking. 2) They contain no useful information to a human. 3) They can be very, very long. I've seen some here bigger than 80 characters in length. That makes them unsuitable for URLs. 4) The thought of putting NNTP ID's in an (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Message-ID -> Article number

(...) It would still not solve the problem of refering to an article which is refered to by an article you have. Say you have a bunch of LUGNET articles downloaded locally. You want to refer to the parent of an article you have, but you don't have (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Message-ID -> Article number

(...) I wonder why. (...) Great, I'll do that! (...) When I read LUGNET offline at home, the Xref header has the article number on my local news spool. I don't think that number would be too interesting for anybody else. Fredrik (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Message-ID -> Article number

(...) I'd hate to see these sorts of references. I'm not always browsing the web interface in a browser that I want the news reader to come up in (and such a reference will be useless to anyone who can't access the nntp server). (...) life a little (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Message-ID -> Article number

[redirecting to .admin.nntp] (...) I would really hate to see NNTP Message ID's floating around in HTTP URLs. A workaround is simply to use a standardized NNTP URL format -- for example: news://lugnet.com/qr...eos.uio.no That's postable as-is. Or, (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Request for groups: movies/LEGO Studio

(...) I agree with this. (...) Not a bad idea, no matter what ends up happening. Whereever there's a "missing group", add a link to the place where the group actually exists. (...) Yeah, that sounds right. Steve (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Request for groups: movies/LEGO Studio

(...) I'd say that putting it under .publish is probably the best place to stick it. I think .publish has been pretty well pinned down as the best place for photography techniques. It's also a place acceptable to announce web pages (though it's hard (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Request for groups: movies/LEGO Studio

(...) Only in your head... ;-) (...) So what you are saying is we should have a group like .images then sub groups like .images.movies, .images.photography, etc... and links on the .images html page to .cad.ray et al? You know what Todd this kinda (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Request for groups: movies/LEGO Studio

(...) LOL! OOops, too much coffee this morning. It's not my fault. I just woke up. :-) I meant lugnet.x & lugnet.x.y vs. lugnet.x & lugnet.y, naturally. :-) (...) That's what I'm afraid of. There's so much overlap, but each one gets into specific (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Request for groups: movies/LEGO Studio

(...) I gotta remember that one!! (...) Not really. Tell me the difference between lugnet.x and lugnet.x.y (the first one) and lugnet.x and lugnet.x.y (the second one) if you would... But I agree with your thesis, I think. Specific usually ought to (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Request for groups: movies/LEGO Studio

(...) I think those names sound like a good start, but if one is a subset of the other (that is, both are for movies but one is more general than the other), then they ought to be named lugnet.x and lugnet.x.y rather than lugnet.x and lugnet.x.y -- (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Request for groups: movies/LEGO Studio

(...) How about either lugnet.build.movies or lugnet.publish.movies? I'd lean toward lugnet.build.movies. Steve (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Request for groups: movies/LEGO Studio

I think that as more people buy and begin using LEGO Studio, there are going to be more films posted and talked about on LUGNET. I'd like to propose the following new groups: lugnet.studios - the 'theme group', for discussion of the sets themselves. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: FS-Pirate & Town Sets Mint In Sealed Boxes/Pack

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) I am going to reiterate my old argument (Todd has heard this before so I won't state all my arguments again) for an Ebay.auction group. If we are changing things why can't we do this? Please Please Please. (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: FS-Pirate & Town Sets Mint In Sealed Boxes/Pack

(...) I'd vote for .swap. I have no problem with all systems which solicit several cash offers and pick the best offer as auctions. That could even be done without changing the newsgroup names. The things I would be in favor of for more (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: FS-Pirate & Town Sets Mint In Sealed Boxes/Pack

(...) Yeah. Hmm. I dunno. I was just making trouble, frankly I think .trade or .barter or even .swap would be fine. If you define the group as being specifically for trading LEGO for non-money (or non-money for non-money, if you feel ok about Lugnet (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: FS-Pirate & Town Sets Mint In Sealed Boxes/Pack

(...) Yeah. OK, how about .swap? Well, that's probably too close to what .jambalaya is about. Anyway, hmmm...maybe there doesn't even need to be a barter/swap/trade group. After all, how many posts have you ever seen where someone says they want to (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: FS-Pirate & Town Sets Mint In Sealed Boxes/Pack

(...) Heh. Good luck trying to pin down an english word that means "trading goods for goods" that can't in some way be construed to invlove money. I can haggle over a price with you and call it bartering, after all. :D (...) I think these groups (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact