 Administrative / NNTP / 169
Re: Message-ID -> Article number
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 23:12:33 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> writes:
I would really hate to see NNTP Message ID's floating around in HTTP URLs.
I wonder why.

1) They're gunky looking.
2) They contain no useful information to a human.
3) They can be very, very long.  I've seen some here bigger than 80
   characters in length.  That makes them unsuitable for URLs.
4) The thought of putting NNTP ID's in an HTTP URL is disgusting.
5) They look like e-mail addresses.
6) They generally just suck.

--Todd