 Administrative / NNTP / 167
Re: Message-ID -> Article number
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 07:46:06 GMT

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> writes:

I would really hate to see NNTP Message ID's floating around in HTTP URLs.

I wonder why.

A workaround is simply to use a standardized NNTP URL format -- for example:

Great, I'll do that!

Or, if you want to convert that to an HTTP URL, it's as easy as looking at
the Xref header on the message served directly from the NNTP server

When I read LUGNET offline at home, the Xref header has the article
number on my local news spool.  I don't think that number would be too
interesting for anybody else.

Fredrik