 Administrative / General / Search Results: password
 Results 481 – 500 of 524.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  (canceled)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: typo quiz

(...) The unfortunate thing about arbitrary amounts of text in cookies is that they get transferred every time a mouse click is made to the server, which gobbles up bandwidth when multiplied out over time and users. But one thing we might be able to (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Mail Account Info

Todd (et al?): So...I got over-zelious with my cleaning of my mailboxes and blew away my email/account info for lugnet. So went a-hunting. Now I have some comments: 1) It would be nice if all the account info (News, etc) was easily accessible from (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Forum shift

(...) Good to know. (Personally I only have experience with running INN.) (...) How many security holes have been found in CNEWS (or INN for that matter) over the last 10 years? I don't believe it is a likely point of entry for hackers. (...) Should (...) (14 years ago, 3-Nov-10, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) Actually, all they need to know is my customer number and a PIN to view my account records. I would consider my bank account records much more valuable than my LUGNET profile, no offense :) If the concern is script kiddies cracking accounts, (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Well, there you go. I didn't even know there was something else that required you to sign in to access it. So that is two features right now that I cannot access (as a paid member) unless I choose to compromise the same security these silly (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) I don't know what's going through other people's minds but I've read all of RichardM's posts on this thread and have marked them everything from 0 to 100. The lower scores I gave were because of screaming or being off-topic for the group, and (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Hey Todd (Re: LUGNET Memberships)

(...) I can't promise 100.000% confidentiality, since no matter how unlikely, theft or break-in is always a distant possibility, but I can promise that personal information will never be sold or given out to spammers or to LEGO or anything like that (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) That would potentially shift some of the blame if something bad did happen to someone, but could it prevent blame or suspicions from occurring in the first place? It seems to me that such wording or agreement would not actually lessen the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: LUGNet Chat

(...) Well. It's not a baseless opinion. It has very limited terminal emulation capability, has trouble understanding that a standard terminal screen size is 80x25, doesn't let you create an address book.... Not to mention simple aesthetic issues (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  quick update

Just a quick update on the progress of the LUGNET transition... We're continuing to determine and define roles that will be needed during the transition and beyond, plus how we go about determining who should fill those roles. We're improving the (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !!

password
(score: 1.000)

  RE: Taking LUGNET to the next level

<snip> (...) <snip> Todd, Let me be on of the first people on the bandwagon of congratulations on the work you and Suzanne have done over the past 5 or 6 years. Even if I never did get my membership package :-) I will continue to view Lugnet as the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images

Lorbaat wrote in message ... (...) violator (...) Because it contributed NOTHING to the discussion. This one does. I'll respond below. (...) repeat (...) what (...) Ok, I'll detail what my response to Scott's latest post is. I don't remember all of (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Forum shift

(...) As I recall, the NNTP engine for LUGNET wasn't something that Todd custom-wrote (like the web interface), but was a build of some already-existing implementation, which could be why it's a little less accessible. I remember hunting around for (...) (14 years ago, 2-Nov-10, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Apply skip filter settings to searches.

(...) Why not? The folks in .debate cast aspersions all the time. (...) Maybe so, but bionicle isn't under off-topic, and isn't included in the default skip filters. Try the "animal" search youself. Imagine you're 8, searching for animal building (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G21qt8.7zn@lugnet.com... (...) your (...) Okily Dokily. Thanks! (...) for (...) that (...) you (...) that (...) sloppy (...) Well, DBR - Dylan Bradley - Dylan Reardon - and my Account (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)

(...) Better (...) So so. If the feature is to be kept, prefer that they be viewable. Else why have them. (...) Better. Wish the time had never been spent to develop them. (...) Victimized? Hardly. Annoyed that there's a strategic rater out there (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Interface changes coming today

(...) I just went to the setup page and entered my info. What is going to happen if I (or someone else) makes a type or something dumb like that? I'm mainly interested for curiosity reasons - I'd like to know how slrn will report to me that a post (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) What I used to do and still do in some cases where I think people might be trying to get my passwords is to use a core word (I choose one from about a dozen Latin or Russian words, sometimes spelled, in the case of Russian, the way I like to (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

password
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Editing Member Pages & Netscape

(...) Oh, and while I am thinking about it, having just gone through the maddening process again, is there any way to make the member sign-in ALSO function as the posting setup process? Every time I sign in from a new computer I blissfully start (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

password
(score: 1.000)

More:  Next Page >>