 Administrative / General / 7866
Re: LUGNET Memberships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 23:08:50 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
news:G21qt8.7zn@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.admin.general, Dylan Bradley <assman@finalfrontier.com> writes:
But there are a couple of other issues:  (1) What happened to your
membership packet?

I, too, am wondering that <g>...

Well, keep your eye out for it, I guess, but in the meantime I'll ask the
server to take care of you with a new pw.  I got your other reply from • your
primary address, BTW.

Okily Dokily. Thanks!

(2) Why are you using two different last names?  Is one a middle name?
You're currently appearing as two different people (two last names, same
first name -- no apparent connection) and we need to fix that.

Okay. Bradley is my "internet Identity". I've been useing it on UseDnet • for
*ages* and just thought I'd use it here. I think I made it pretty clear • that
I am the same person -

I think you just did now (earlier this week), but I wouldn't agree that it
was clear before.  You certainly had me fooled.  In fact, it appears that
you've just admitted that you submitted false information when you signed
up to post.  That is to say, When you signed up for posting privileges, • you
said that Dylan Bradley was your true real-life name.  Now you're saying • that
wasn't true.  Was it your intention to mislead everyone or was this a • sloppy
accident?

Well, DBR - Dylan Bradley - Dylan Reardon - and my Account name...... Maybe
not the best explanation, you're right.

IIRC, when I signed up as a member of Lugnet, I used 'Dylan Reardon', and as
an "aka" option, I used 'DBR' - which is what I use to post messages in
Lugnet NSTP (or whatever those letters are) format.

I'm not sure when-abouts I inserted Dylan Bradley into the mix - presumably
when signed up for the message boards. That was only meant to be my "posting
name" ("Alias", "Identity", whatever..) - not a deception of any kind...

but I guess there is no real need for the Alias here...

You can certainly post under the name Dylan Bradley in the 'From:' line, • but
we have to have it on record (so that we can put in the X-Real-Life-Name • line)
that you are Dylan Reardon.  I'll be changing the datafile shortly to • correct
the mistake.

Okay.

I got the new Password, and sorry for talking up your time. I am certain you
have better things to do that fix the problems of my creation.

Apologetically,
                DBR

--
"To infinity and beyond!"