 Administrative / General / 7871
Re: LUGNET Memberships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 11:09:01 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
news:G23324.HEu@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.admin.general, Dylan Reardon writes:
I'm not sure when-abouts I inserted Dylan Bradley into the mix - • presumably
when signed up for the message boards.

That was when, yes, according to my records.

That was only meant to be my "posting name" ("Alias", "Identity",
whatever..) - not a deception of any kind...

But you said in that form that Dylan Bradley was your real-life name.  I • would
appreciate any thoughts you could offer as to how to make it clearer to • people
that "real-life name" means real-life name and not internet posting name,
alias, identity, etc.

Well, Todd, I don't think anything is necessary, but it's your choice.
Here's what I would suggest: Eliminate the Posting-name form - keeping only
the member form active, which is the "real-life name". That way, you'd do
away with*any* chance that a 'false', 'scandalous', 'mendacious' person(s)
could *ever* make an error like this, ever.

Sardonically,
         DBR, Dylan Bradley, Dylan Reardon

--
"To infinity and beyond!"