 Administrative / General / 7865
Re: Web interface "ignore user"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 22:51:16 GMT

[...]
I dunno if it's just me or if this is a generally useful thing, or if it • even
goes against the community spirit you have in mind.

The funny thing about killfiling someone is that you still end up sometimes
seeing what they wrote inside of replies when people quote them (I think this
is pretty common).

Right. I pointed this out in my original post.

You might also accidentally click on a link that someone
made to their article (probably a lot less common).  I don't think there's any
silver bullet, unfortunately.

Not looking for a perfect solution, merely an amelioration. And this question
is partly a curiosity one, I admit.

If you wanted to fund it as a special development
tangent, we could talk.  :-)

Fixed price or T&M? Send me a quote and I'll consider it. :-)

++Lar