 Administrative / General / 11366
RE: Taking LUGNET to the next level
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:10:49 GMT

<snip>

{The time has come to open up LUGNET and entrust it to the community.}

I want to take LUGNET through a two-part transition, essentially metamorphising
it first from a monarchy into an oligarchy, and then from an oligarchy into the
analagous online form of a representational democracy or a constitutional
republic.

In the short term, this means that this week I'm assembling an ad hoc
advisory committee.  Those people are Steve Barile, Tim Courtney, Frank Filz,
Suzanne Green, Christina Hitchcock, Kelly McKiernan, Matthew Miller,
and Larry Pieniazek, and their job is to help me with the first step of the
transition.

<snip>

Todd,

Let me be on of the first people on the bandwagon of congratulations on
the work you and Suzanne have done over the past 5 or 6 years. Even if
I never did get my membership package :-)

I will continue to view Lugnet as the premiere source of information and
discussion on LEGO topics, and the highly focused newsgroups with
heirarchical subscriptions and posting via email are one of the best
features.

In the past years, the only complaint I have is that I never did get an answer
to repeated password requests, but I only needed that for posting via the
web so it's not a big deal - certainly not enough to switch to a different
service.

Once again, thanks for putting so many years of work into this project and
for helping to bring LEGO (the company) into closer contact with its
customers.

Best of luck, and let us know how we can help....

Ralph Hempel