 Administrative / General / 9926
Re: lugnet.announce is not for MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 03:08:53 GMT

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message
news:GpDzIt.Ltw@lugnet.com...

But further, I think it would make an awesome addition to the LUGNET head
page, similat to the Top Stories sidebar, if there were a "Recently
Announced MOCs" section too. This would of course be cross-genré, and • fairly
well populated and rotated (giving the head page some of that fresh • content
folks are always talking about, without having to really "do" anything but
have the articles be automatically forwarded there from the newsgroup).

This would give newbies to LUGNET, especially those who just stumble • across
it, without learning what it's all about on the newsgroup side, the thing
that they are usually looking for...access to pretty pictures of models • made
by fans. There could even be a little cross-promotion with a link to
BrickShelf at the bottom of the sidebar (if desired).

Whaddaya' think?

Hey, I'm for it!

-Tim