 Administrative / General / 9924
Re: lugnet.announce is not for MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 01:50:05 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, William R. Ward writes:
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, William R. Ward writes:
"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> writes:
What about a lugnet.announce.moc??  This would let people posting MOC
announcements across all themes have a place to put their MOCs up before the
whole community.  The charter for .announce could more forcefully
specifically ban MOC posts and refer MOC posters to the new group.

I like this idea a lot.

I'm not so keen on it as it then is in the .announce hierarchy meaning you
still would see the posts in there when viewing .announce via the web.
Perhaps lugnet.moc.announce instead of lugnet.announce.moc????

Well, lugnet.bulid.announce would be more appropriate in that case.

Yes. Or maybe just lugnet.build... the announce is a bit redundant, perhaps.

Well, lugnet.build can be rather high volume at times, and
announcements can get lost in the noise.  It's nice to have a place
where MOCs can be announced with followups directed elsewhere.  I'd
like to see it under lugnet.announce.{moc,build} but it would be OK to
have lugnet.build.announce instead.

I really like Matthew's idea of having a separate section on the
homepage highlighting newly-posted MOCs separate from the existing
"top stories" section.

--Bill.