 Administrative / General / 9219
Re: I'm back...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 13:41:38 GMT

"Mike Stanley" <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> writes:

I don't know about anyone else, but if I had the choice between verifying
each and every post manually by following some link and/or responding to a
verification method or choosing to use straight nntp and a reader like Free
Agent or Gravity, I think I'd just switch to doing it the nntp way.

Are there any verification things that are part of the official NNTP
protocol? If not, then anyone who uses a standard old newsreader could
end up being out of luck. I use 'gnus' inside Gnu emacs, for example. I
also have absolutely no idea what my password (is that what we have?) is,
since I've never needed it for anything. Hopefully I wrote it down
somewhere. Basically I read and occasionally post to, the Lugnet
newsgroups, but have never used any of the other services (except the
set database of course).

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM
               http://www.GraySage.COM/cg/