 Administrative / General / 8586
Re: Uselessness of .debate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Dec 2000 16:10:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Stanley writes:

Call me crazy, but considering the Christians mostly appropriated this date
from the Roman Saturnalia (and the other holidays that predated it,
including the WS), I don't necessarily think they absolutely own the right
to call this day whatever they want and get mad when someone else calls it
something else.

I agree, but on the other hand, calling today the solstice is incorrect.  Why
not celibrate the solstice on the 21st?

Out of curiosity, Larry, do you celibrate the WS today, or on 21 December?

Why not Newtonmass?

Chris