 Administrative / General / 8548
Re: Uselessness of .debate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:33:04 GMT

About .debate, Scott writes:

...I would love to see it dropped...

What is the added value to those of you who want .debate gone?  I can
completely understand not valuing the presense of debate, even I duck out now
and then when I'm busy.  But I don't get the motive behind the suggestion that
it should be gone.

As I see it, the presense of .debate costs us nothing(except for Todd and Suz).
But it gains something for at least some of us.

So why not just go away if you're not interested?  In what way does it
negatively affect your LUGNET experience?  If there really is some negative
effect for most people that I haven't identified, then I might change my mind
about whether it should remain.

Chris