 Administrative / General / 8535
Re: Uselessness of .debate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:01:40 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
For example, I'd gladly pay a per posting charge for each auction flog I
posted to market.auction (however this is a tough idea to structure
correctly... do I have to pay for answering a question someone else raised
about some auction someone else posted?)

Well that could be handled by having two groups. One for conducting
auction business (soliciting bids) and one for asking questions about
auctions. Then you just TOS quickly anyone who regularly manages to
"announce" their auction in the Q&A group by asking a question about
their own auction, or providing a pointer to their own conveniently
placed auction as an answer to a question (i.e. nuke the responder when
person A asks "do you think the bidding on this SES is out of hand?" and
person B responds "yea it is, hey, check out MY auction for an SES"). Of
course more latitude would be given to people who have paid to flog
their auction.

Or you could only charge for starting new threads, and quash any
response post which flogs a new auction.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com