 Administrative / General / 6583
Re: Member Password Center
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 14:11:31 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
Lar said in passing:
Leaving the issue of how secure passwords should be aside for the moment,

Lets not.

Let's do.  Todd has stated his position on this many, many times, and has • shown
little desire to change his mind.  Dragging it back out would only foment
trouble and breed bad feelings (not to mention the smaller matter of raising
the noise-to-signal ratioof Lugnet), and I doubt anyone really wants that.

Agreed. I've got two memorable passwords right now. One happens to be taken
from a sentence that denotes what I think of the current level of security,
which makes it VERY memorable for me, anyway. :-)

So I would agree. no need to raise the ratioof! (either that's some new fangled
roof or the sound of someone being smacked for bringing up the topic, I'm not
sure which...)

I'd rather see discussion about the rest of what I was asking about, that is,
ways to sunset passwords that you've out and out lost or forgotten, or in
general, how to go about retrieving a password you've lost or killing it off
somehow.

++Lar