 Administrative / General / 6587
Re: Member Password Center
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 18:57:52 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:

The fact that an issue results in high traffic means that it needs fixed - not
swept under the carpet. The merits of my suggestion aside, some pretty weak
logic is being applied here.

Not necessarily.

The logic is both simple and sound:

1) Arguments have been made.

2) Todd has made a decision.

3) Further arguments have been made.

4) Todd has basically said under no circumstances is he going to change his
mind.

It's not so much the amount of traffic you're going to generate by talking
about it as it is the futility of your arguments (frankly, Larry P probably
knows more about network security than you, and he failed to sway Todd).

As I said before, re-opening the issue is probably going to cause nothing but
grief.  That's not your goal, is it?

eric