 Administrative / General / 6601
Re: Member Password Center
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 10:47:30 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:

"Larry Pieniazek" <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Joslin writes:

(frankly, Larry P probably
knows more about network security than you, and he failed to sway Todd).

Lorbaat makes my day! Stop handing out such high praise, will ya? My head
already has trouble getting through airplane boarding doors as it is.

I was bemused by Eric's statement to a certain extent. I'm sure there is
every possibility he may be 100% correct, but I just wondered what he had
based it on? Further to that, assuming I know nothing of "network security"
why that would mean any suggestion I were to make on that issue should be
rejected out of had. This issue, and Larry, aside, this sort of respect for
(often self proclaimed) expert opinion is what stifles progress.

All kidding aside, you've got a point there. It's a general principle in system
design of all sorts that you want opinions of actual experts as WELL as
opinions from those who will be using the system.

But I'm not sure that was what Eric was getting at.

Again, I repeat, and reiterate, let's drop this part and focus on the
legitimate questions, if any, that may be useful to consider. I posted some
which some users agreed with, any dissenting opinions?

++Lar