 Administrative / General / 6555
Re: Member Password Center
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2000 15:44:55 GMT

I dug out my original password, it was a miracle I found it, actually, and
spent a little time playing with this:
http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/pw/
after Todd advised me it existed.

Cool, I just added a password I can actually remember.  Some nitpicks, though:
shouldn't the input fields be password fields instead of regular text fields
(ie, asterisks instead of letters).  Otherwise, there's not real point in
retyping the passwrod.  I can see if I made a typo :)

Another thing, which has probably been mentioned before.  When I sign in with a
different browser or a different machine, even after signing in, I still have
to type my name and email address every time I want to post.  It's a real pain
to set up the cookie, and it requires that I remember my (long and random)
confirmation code.  Todd, how difficult would it be to send the appropriate
cookie along with the sign-in cookie?
TIA,
--Bram