 Administrative / General / 6593
Re: Member Password Center
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 21:35:53 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
The fact that an issue results in high traffic means that it needs
fixed - not swept under the carpet. The merits of my suggestion aside,
some pretty weak logic is being applied here.
It isn't up for discussion, and it never really was.  Drop it.
Isn't this a discussion group?

That it is!

How does this discussion go against the terms of use?

Hummm, did I somehow imply that it did?

I don't think it was a good idea either, and nobody can make you implement
anything, but why can't he discuss it, that's what I don't understand.

All right, fine.  I forgot the "please."

Scott, please drop this -- you're beating a very dead horse.

For the record, I raised this issue once. My other messages in the thread
related to the nature of the debate and not the issue itself – or at least
that was my intention.

Scott A

In my best
estimation, the password checker is appropriate (if not a shade lax) for the
level of security needed going forward here over the coming months/years.
Other sites are indeed more lax, for various reasons.  I really do not
believe there is anyone who will be unable to find and remember a good
password, especially if they follow the advice here:

  http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?p=password-suggestions

That is about all I have to say.  I really would rather not spend my time
arguing over trivialities like this.  Please respect that.  If you want to
keep talking about it, fine, but don't expect me to take any of it seriously.

--Todd