 Administrative / General / 6499
Re: neither sponsored nor endorsed by the LEGO Company? (was : Re: an update -- and an apology)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 19:16:30 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
I missed this - and only just found it by chance :

http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=6483

Curious -- Scott, you cancelled your original message (the one I replied to)
shortly after I posted my reply...?

I think you may need to update the Homepage - either by removing the
misleading text, or by clarifying the matter. I think the latter would me
more appropriate.

I don't see any misleading text there (LEGO still does not officially support
or endorse LUGNET), but it can't hurt to add some sort of modifying statement
after the legal disclaimer (perhaps a link to more details) that LEGO Direct
has made a gratuitous financial gift (gratuitous in the legal sense).

--Todd