 Administrative / General / 6494
Re: neither sponsored nor endorsed by the LEGO Company? (was : Re: an update -- and an apology)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 12:15:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
I missed this - and only just found it by chance :

http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=6483

I think you may need to update the Homepage - either by removing the
misleading text, or by clarifying the matter. I think the latter would me
more appropriate.

Scott,

Why do you think this necessary?

From :
1. The American Heritage® Dictionary
2. Cambridge International Dictionary of English

Sponsor:
1
One that finances a project or an event carried out by another person or group,
especially a business enterprise that pays for radio or television programming
in return for advertising time.
2
to support (a person, organization or activity) by giving money, encouragement
or other help

Endorse:
1
To give approval of or support to, especially by public statement; sanction:
"endorse a political candidate."
2
to make a public statement of your approval or support for (something or
someone)

Independent:
1
Not dependent on or affiliated with a larger or controlling group or system:
"an independent food store."
2
not taking help or money from other people