 Administrative / General / 5857
Re: 8480 Technic Shuttles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 22:50:48 GMT

I remember putting forth the argument that an OBO sale was mathematically
equivalent to a sealed-bid auction.  (Two names for the same function.)

Sealed bid auctions belong in .auction, and OBO sales belong in .b-s-t.

Let's try again. You say they're mathematically equivalent but sortable by
how they're labeled (and treated) into one of the two groups.

I say they're mathematically equivalent and therefore all belong in auction,
regardless of label.

Difference of opinion about a subtle point. But your word carries and I am OK
with that. Really. I was trying to end this before it got spun up again. :-(
Why can't you just accept that when I say I accept that you want something a
certain way, that's good enough?

I'm OK with that if other people are.

You don't always have to be "right".

It's a personal fault of mine, originating in part from a heavy math
background where opinions traditionally count much less than logical
argument and proofs.  I hate saying "because I said so" and I hate it when
other people say that.  It's a fault, I suppose.

--Todd