 Administrative / General / 5855
Re: 8480 Technic Shuttles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 22:46:03 GMT

I don't think a consensus has been reached(1). I for one consider it an
auction. However Todd has ruled that it isn't and that is sufficient. Under
Lugnet T&C this post is OK for .b-s-t

I don't recall saying that.  :-(

I remember putting forth the argument that an OBO sale was mathematically
equivalent to a sealed-bid auction.  (Two names for the same function.)

Sealed bid auctions belong in .auction, and OBO sales belong in .b-s-t.

Let's try again. You say they're mathematically equivalent but sortable by how
they're labeled (and treated) into one of the two groups.

I say they're mathematically equivalent and therefore all belong in auction,
regardless of label.

Difference of opinion about a subtle point. But your word carries and I am OK
with that. Really. I was trying to end this before it got spun up again. :-(
Why can't you just accept that when I say I accept that you want something a
certain way, that's good enough? You don't always have to be "right".

++Lar