 Administrative / General / 5686
  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) It would probably surprise you to find out that I routinely make fun of a student buddy of mine for the side job he took at a mutual fund company. The job that was supposed to be primarily web design and PC support and turned into, at least (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) You know, Mike, this just may be true -- there is just no way that anyone else could have known this; and given that, I had to assume you meant something at least along the lines of the commonly understood colloquial meaning. Its not like I (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) I would argue (we're x-posted to .debate now), that if anything TV should not be held as a standard for what should and shouldn't be done on LUGNET. By nature, TV is ratings hungry.. and if they think they can grab a few more seconds of (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) Maybe I shouldn't feel insulted by this, but I am. If you think you're being blocked from posting to .dear-lego for use of language, you're mistaken. You (and Tom, and possibly Mike, although I haven't heard complaints about Mike's posts) are (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) No, don't. Give me the benefit of the doubt. We are all very grateful for Lugnet and all of your other work for this community, Todd. Don't be too easy to take offense when you know we are just trying to hash something out here. I guess I AM a (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) I am not telling you that, no. If you go back and read what I wrote earlier (carefully, slowly), you'll see that there were multiple factors, not the least of which was repeated off-topic postings to .dear-lego. When people get upset and (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

richard marchetti wrote in message ... (...) Todd (...) that (...) he (...) didn't, (...) be (...) I should probably let dead dogs and horses lie, however, you have also publicly insulted me, and repeated that insult without any provocation from me (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) I think (personally) what they said was borderline. Not the words themselves so much as the tone and the disrepect intended via them. I personally found it offensive as well, but only because I'd rather people talked maturely and treated one (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) I was refering to this post: (URL) particular this part of it: Todd Lehman wrote: (...) <* snip *> (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) Hrm, I must be misunderstanding what RichardM meant. When he wrote... (...) ...I read that as his simply stating that other people got involved into his argument by their own choice -- that no one held a gun to anyone's head and forced them to (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) Ok, what I read from it (and it had been mentioned a little more explicitly before) was that Richard was saying that we self selected ourselves as "targets". I agree, we certainly chose to participate. (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)