 Administrative / General / 5665
  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) No one can speak to what another person's intention actually is, until and unless some sort of perfect mind reading device is built (and I hope that never happens, but I digress). All I can judge by is the outcome of actions. No one's perfect (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) from different threads) and trying to lump them together (apparently similar to your thought process). The former example is certainly that of one who is willing to defend a position, not necesaarily one who creates the dispute to begin with. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) Somewhere in the deep dark dank depths of .debate... hopefully :) Richard (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Richard Franks" <spontificus@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Fs6x33.FyG@lugnet.com... (...) I think this should just end. The whole thing is going nowhere fast. I think everyone made some valid points when this all started, now all that is (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) Can you clarify this thinking for me? I think I posted to the thread before you did. So what you're saying is that I should have just ignored you when you said incendiary stuff, (or else it was me starting things) because you were saying (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) Ya. I'll give your post an 80, it's got a good beat and you can dance to it. Seriously, on the main issue, is there anyone who doesn't already know what everyone's position is? The side issues(1) are somewhat interesting if we can get to (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) No. I changed the subject line. How many times do I have to state that simple fact? Change of subject line constitutes a new thread in my book. What's the netiquette standard? -- Richard (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  This new subject doesn't reset the thread (Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) Starting a new thread means actually using the new vs. reply functionality (different browser or newsreader command or button), I'd say. I'm not sure of an official standard, but that's my opinion. If that weren't the case, then this post is (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: This new subject doesn't reset the thread (Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) That seems pretty reasonable to me provided you allow that I could have failed to implement that DE FACTO standard due to the fact that there is no OBJECTIVE standard and still be faultless. And that still doesn't address the fact that I (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  FUT OTD {Was: Re: This new subject doesn't reset the thread)

richard marchetti wrote in message ... (...) That still doesn't entitle you to insult people. If I say "All people who live in East Boogle are morons." (thinking that's a totally fake location) and someone says "hey, I live in East Boogle", you've (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: This new subject doesn't reset the thread (Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) But you see, I was wrong, because I didn't notice that Richard changed the subject, which in his world view starts a new thread, regardless of how all the newsreaders in the world implement it, and regardless of how Lugnet itself in the web (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: This new subject doesn't reset the thread (Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

I'm redirecting this discussion to lugnet.off-topic.debate where I should have set follow-ups in the first place... (I think my original note was perhaps appropriate for admin, but the discussion is going to most likely be of the debate kind of (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)