 Administrative / General / 528
Re: lugnet.* discussion groups by mail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 22:02:50 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
and the abundance of list exploders.  I wonder how this scenario differs from
the reverse situation, where a mailing list would have to reject posts coming
from people -it- doesn't recognize.  Because, if, say, lego-robotics@crynwr.com

Very true. That's why conspiring together is the best way. :)

[much snipped]

So I wonder how mailing list packages deal with this sort of thing?  If the
contents of some lugnet.* group were gatewayed into a mailing list, wouldn't
all the authors not subscribed to that mailing list get bounce notifications
via e-mail from that mailing list daemon?  Or can traditional mailing lists
be set up not to send bounce notifications to people posting messages from
other gateways?

Yes, that's certainly much messier than I'd thought initially. Ug.