 Administrative / General / 5033
Re: Hide .off-topic & .admin posts from top page? (was: Re: Reminder: the .off-topic.* groups ARE for off-topic topics)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 13:12:38 GMT

Selçuk Göre wrote:
   1) .off-topic.*
   2) .admin.*
   3) .market.auction
Excluding those groups from the front page (I mean first page of
www.lugnet.com) would be a nice thing (providing that they would still
be accessible from the links at the light blue field, as it is now) and
I can't imagine a thing that could be effected badly from this change.

hmmm... but then, it'll be harder for the theoretical user who wants to
track these groups from the web interface to know if there's something
new/recent in them.  Perhaps (until a fully customizable front page is
designed) _all_ the groups that have had posts to them in the past hour
(including parent groups) will appear in bold?  Ultimately leading to
groups which "I have unread messages" in them, or groups which have had
posts to them "since I visited last" will be bold?  that of course means
the server has to track exactly what each user is reading...

Just random thoughts,

:)

Dan