 Administrative / General / 4816
Re: Please, just end the entire thing! ( was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 00:26:34 GMT

David Phillips wrote:
I have told many people about lugnet, and what a great site for lego content,
but the volumes of messages the last few days contradict that.  When will we
be returned to our regularly scheduled programming?

Is it me, or is there an inordinately large number of people complaining about
on-topic discussion in the .off-topic.* groups today?

There certainly might be *some* confusion when a newcomer sees four non-Lego
messages on the front page.  But IMO, these four messages are a small
percentage of the content on the main page, and quickly go away once someone
starts exploring links there.

I mean, sure, there have been a lot of non-Lego discussion lately, some of it
undesirable and even sacriligious for some readers, but I can't see how that
can possibly detract from the value of previous Lego discussions.  For me, it
enhances the value of LUGNET, since playing with Lego can be influenced by all
factors of life.

I'm just baffled.  Someone hit me with a clue stick, por favor.

Cheers,
- jsproat

Card-carrying member of the Star-Bellied Sneech Preservation Society