 Administrative / General / 4780
Re: do we need lugnet.org.castle-world?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 05:37:24 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
How stable is the name?

Very stable.  The site has a new link, but the name is to stay.

OK, splendid.

Probably the place for something like that would be under .castle, rather
than under .org, because it's Castle-focused to the core.  Probably
something like lugnet.castle.org.castleworld...

I agree with having it under .castle.  So how about the following (just
throwing out some suggestions ...):

lugnet.castle - your main group ...
lugnet.castle.org - a group for castle organizations (Is it necessary?)

The .castle.org isn't necessary as a group per-se (it -could- be left empty,
as .cad.dev.org is left empty above .cad.dev.org.ldraw), but it's necessary
to at least exist as an intermediate level, for consistency and for future
expansion.  One thing to keep in mind about the .castle.* group structure is
that it will one day house groups for the official LEGO play themes within
the LEGO Castle system -- so, like .trains.org, any organizations should go
in a collection for group coherency.

--Todd

lugnet.castle.org.castleworld - The organization castle world (or just
lugnet.castle.castleworld ... ?)
lugnet.castle.org.castleworld.off-topic - When the going gets tough, the
tough go to off-topic?

I am very, very open to suggestions, but I thought that this is the
directions this is and was going ...

-- pn