 Administrative / General / 475
Re: Pre-downloaded images/cache
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 20:16:59 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
If the "Browse" button doesn't show up, maybe it'll still let you type the
pathname in manually (of the .txt file) -- see if that works...  All the server

No it's really broken -- it can't find any files, even when specified
explicitly. Happens in the File|Open Page|Chose File dialog too.  Very odd
-- I didn't have this problem with 4.5pr2.

Well, definitely thumbnails if it all works out...looks like it might.  Maybe
all the big images too...depends how people feel about having 5MB of thumbnails
on their hard drive compared to 150MB or more of bigger images.  Ideally, you
ought to be able to pre-download any subset you choose.  I don't know about
making custom tarballs on-the-fly but maybe if they were separated by size or
theme or something...

BTW, are there UN*X utilities for creating Windows-compatible ZIP files and/or
Mac-compatible HQX files?  I only know how to make tarballs on-the-fly at the
moment.

Yeah, there's zip and unzip (for ZIP of course). I'm not sure where they're
orginally from, but they're bundled in both the Slackware and Red Hat
distributions of Linux, and they're on the SunOS systems at BU.

I know that there are some mac tools (for Linux at least) too, but I'm not
sure, as they've not ever been very useful to me.