 Administrative / General / 472
Re: Interface changes coming today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 19:05:46 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
knowing the location on your hard-drive of pre-downloaded images (see
http://www.lugnet.com/magicache/ for a proof-of-concept).  Maybe the
work/home/machine location should be in a separate cookie from the uid/pw

Huh. Looks like a great idea, although I can't get it to work for me --
Navigator 4.5/Linux seems to have an inexplicable brokeness in its
file-browse dialog box -- it can't seem to find any files of any type. So
I'll have to check it from home, where I've got a Win95 box....

Are you going to make all of, for example, the Pause image collection
available for download like this? That'd be ultracool.