 Administrative / General / 467
Re: Interface changes coming today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 14:26:01 GMT

Todd Lehman writes:
<Lar said:> •   My question is: WILL the server emit another one?

The server emits a cookie only when you have the checkbox set asking it to.
Each time you make a change to any of the info at the /news/post/setup/
page, and you have that checkbox checked, the server will send a new,
updated cookie to your machine when you press the Submit button.  If you
uncheck the box and had a cookie previously stored, then the server sends a
cookie-command asking your browser to delete the cookie.

OK great, thanks. I probably OUGHT to get one of those cookie manager things
and just copy cookies around from machine to machine.

++Lar