 Administrative / General / 4663
Re: New group suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:30:31 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Steve Bliss writes:
And as this seems to be the time to suggest restructuring lugnet.market,

Well, we can add groups, but doing an actual restructuring would be a major
major undertaking.

why not lugnet.market.commercial, for anyone who is posting information
for LEGO their commercial operation is selling?

Can you give some examples?

At this point, I'm thinking of a place for Emmanuel to post his DYA
announcements.

Going a bit more extreme, if Wal*Mart wanted to start posting their LEGO
specials on LUGNET, I think that would be great.  But I wouldn't want these
advertisements to go to any of the existing groups.

My take on .buy-sell-trade is that it is non-commercial, often somewhat informal
offers for exchange between people (not businesses).

And .shopping should be (usually is) people's experiences and finds while
shopping, or individuals posting about mark-downs they've heard about.

If you mean things like x.com and paypal.com,
what do you think about the name lugnet.market.services for third-party
services (also to include things like factoring, escrow, insurance, etc.)?

I didn't mean those things, but a .services group might not be a bad idea.

Steve