 Administrative / General / 4661
Re: Groups for years (was: Re: New group suggestion)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 06:42:04 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
[...]
Now on a totally different track, how about a new set of groups,
lugnet.new.2000, lugnet.new.2001, etc where all the discussion of the new
sets would occur? This would tend to consolidate such discussion, and • make
lugnet.general easier to follow for those who don't want to rush out and • buy
the latest set (or are in Oz and won't see them for months), who just • want
to follow other discussions. These groups would also make it easy for
someone joining Lugnet say in July, to find the discussion of that years
sets.

Well, groups do stick around, so the 'new' designator wouldn't be fitting
after a certain point.  I was thinking if ever there were groups for • product
line years, they oughtta parallel the DB, since this'll be set up for
browsing by year anyway -- so something like

    :
  lugnet.year.1997
  lugnet.year.1998
  lugnet.year.1999
  lugnet.year.2000
    :

is probably more likely to fit in.

Groups for product-line years would be great for crossposting stuff as it
comes up!

Sounds like a winner to me. We can slowly backfill the older groups with
interesting tidbits. This would be a great place to share things like minor
set variations (I just noticed for example that the 6270 baseplate comes in
two versions, one is a blue plate the other is grey [painted blue first,
then the island pattern] - of course I don't know whether that was a year to
year change).

Frank