 Administrative / General / 13415 (-20)
  Re: Warnings

(...) My expectation is that they're considered, but not as meaningful as admin warnings. If Howard was warned 50 times by other members, and once by an admin, but Harold was only ever warned once by an admin for the same violations; it seems that (...) (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Warnings( was: WAKE UP!)

(...) In my experience, mod/admin decisions should be made based on official warnings rather than peer recommendations, which may be biased or incomplete. For instance, having 5 people say "Don't do that" about something is not as effective as a (...) (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Warnings( was: WAKE UP!)

(...) Actually, that raises another question. Should admins disregard advice/warnings given by others (non-admins and admins in non-admin role) in making decisions about timeouts/bans? Seems to me they should count for something, though exactly how (...) (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Did you just bash AOL users and abbreviate people to "ppl" in the same sentence? Seems contradictory to me. Maybe we should be the solution, not the problem? --Kyle (URL) (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Only after it spins out of control do you listen. The abuse that you "endure" is brought upon yourself. Have you ever gone back to read what you've written? Some of it is cool and encouraging, but the vaste majority is pure non-sensical, (...) (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) I'm curious, is any action being taken against those who have been baiting Eric? I absolutely agree that Eric has committed TOS violations, but the degree of baiting that he has been subject to has no place on Lugnet, or at least would have (...) (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

  Re: Alternatives to Lugnet? Was: Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) If you stop by (URL) my blog>, a ways down on the right hand side I have a listing of community sites, many of which have forums. None of these is all encompassing, like Lugnet in its prime - most of them focus on a particular theme (e.g. (...) (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Yeah, I am also a curator in dot mecha. I've been keeping things current. (Eric and I switched off updating as we were able to do so) Both Eric and I were looking for another person to help out with curator duties, Fradel asked if he could do (...) (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators, FTX)

  Re: Alternatives to Lugnet? Was: Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Unfortunately, I don't think Eurobricks adequately fills the void left by LUGNET. LUGNET has enjoyed an older audience of AFOLs whose primary focus seems to be MOCing and displaying their works. Eurobricks on the other hand seems to cater to a (...) (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: What happened to the new servers?

(...) Thanks, Todd. Good to know it's alive and well and being utilized. James (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Alternatives to Lugnet? Was: Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Eurobricks is well run and has more than enough to keep most people posting with some fun. Rules are somewhat less strict and the admins are quick to take action against blatant spammers/offensive/trolls who won't behave. It doesn't have a TOS (...) (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: What happened to the new servers?

(...) The hardware has been set up and running in a powered rack on an active Internet connection; the software is 98% installed and we had most of it running at one point, but never got the last 2% to make the switch to the new OS. One of the boxes (...) (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: What happened to the new servers?

(...) Todd would be the one to answer this properly. I believe the hardware is set up, but not in use at present. I know the domain issue got resolved. For the switchover, we had yet to make arrangements with Rene about sending the hardware to (...) (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Eric's curatorship privileges are temporarily suspended. I believe Mark Neumann is also a curator there and still has editing abilities, as do I, if anything special needs to be done in the meantime. -Suz (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators, FTX)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

<snip> (...) How does this affect his .mecha curatorship? (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: What happened to the new servers?

(...) Then I would like some clarification from someone who knows, so I X-posted to .finance. Have they or haven't they? James Wilson Lugnet member 1783 (18 years ago, 3-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.finance)

  Re: What happened to the new servers? (Was Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!)

(...) As far as I know (back when the Admins resigned) the servers were waiting for something or another to happen. Some problem with the domain name or whatever. But no, the servers have not been brought into service. (Again, as far as I know, I (...) (18 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) I agree with this 100%. Suz, despite what I may have said elsewhere, I have immeanse respect for you and especially what you have done with Lugnet. But the time has come to make a choice one way or the other. -Lenny (18 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) I really think you need to internalise things and move on, Larry. Allister (18 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!

(...) Thank you for this Suz (and Todd?). I realise that it must have been a hard decision to make but I feel it was the right one under the circumstances. Tim To Eric, When I first posted in response to you my only intention was to get you to admit (...) (18 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact