 Administrative / General / 13020 (-20)
  Re: Random thought of the day

(...) This is correct. I'm also trying not to make a lot of noise about it, so as not to be overwhelmed right now. BTW, I have not "announced that unless something happens, Lugnet will be shut off on Oct 1." (...) Yes, that's what's happening, among (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Random thought of the day

(...) Heh - don't worry too much about that. I generally only trip Keith Goldman and Soren Roberts, and since they aren't coming this year ... (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Random thought of the day

(...) My random thought at reading first line above: ...I remember rtl in 1995 getting quiet because of college breaks. But anyway, you're certainly welcome to voice your opinion, Lenny. A not-so-random thought in the back of my mind these days: (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Random thought of the day

(...) To be fair, I think that's what's being gauged at the moment. It's true that in recent years, Lugnet's importance as *the* place for Lego discussion has gone down. If I understand correctly, a big part of what's happening now is that Suz is (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Random thought of the day

Dear Lenny, --SNIP-- (...) It was unneccasary in my opinion too. If it wasn't intended as a barb it should have been written more carefully, if it was it was unneccesary and rude. (...) I'm not sure I agree with your statement that people stopped (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Random thought of the day

(...) Well, I don't like the implication that Lugnet wasn't calm and peaceful BECAUSE of the Admins. As if we wanted everyone to call us names and be mean to us. But honestly, things get quiet because people stop caring. I mean, Suz has announced (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Random thought of the day

(...) random thoughts appreciated. random responses: - if developed for such, LUGNET could be self-supportive - You're right about "auto-pilot" but, so's not to worry at this moment.. I'm reading all the posts; Todd and I are in daily communication (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Random thought of the day

(...) There are those that say too much fiddlin' spoils the broth. I dunno, I'm of the opinion that if it ain't broke, then why fix it (for the most part) I'll support whatever Suz and Todd come up with as a plan for LUGNET. Dave K (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Random thought of the day

I know that Lugnet is going through a big transition, and there is a possibility of its demise... I know lugnet can't be self supportive, can't run on autopilot forever, and needs people to upkeep the many areas (examples, memberships, curator (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Website status and future plans

(...) Having read your blog, and having had some insight "behind the screens" I'd like to make the following comments and have some reactions on it, to see if the community could make some new form of LUGNET possible. The biggest value (IMHO) LUGNET (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Website status and future plans

Persoanlly, I'm bummed out that this is causing you so much angst, but I'm encouraged that you care that much about it : ) It is hard to be politically correct all the time and I applaud your decision to vent "out of band." (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Website status and future plans

(...) LOL. You've shown everyone your true colors now, Lenny! See, I knew you'd say something -just- like this. That's why I got the 'swearing' thing out of the way immediately. ...I even thought about this resopnse all week! thanks for the laugh. (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Website status and future plans

(...) If >you< want to use swear-words on your livejournal - why not just change Lugnet's rules concerning swear-words? Lugnet belongs to you and Todd alone - you can make whatever rules you want... right? It's not like a real rule anyway, since it (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Website status and future plans

(...) Okay then, I'll post something more official here later. for now... (URL) warned, I use swear-words in my off-lugnet journals. -Suz (19 years ago, 12-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

  Re: Website status and future plans

(...) One week now. I'm still looking... -Jason (19 years ago, 12-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Website status and future plans

(...) True, but announcement teasers seem to be all the rage these days! (^^) -Suz (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Website status and future plans

(...) Well, you don't have to say when you're going to post something. You can just post it when it's ready. Reminds me of when my wife freaks out because she told her class that their papers would be finished by Monday and now it's Sunday and she (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Website status and future plans

(...) Okay, okay. So I'm guilty. Once -again- Suz underestimates the length of time required for writing an announcement, circulating it among parties, and tweaking it until ready for consumption. "Darn it, Jim! I'm a LEGO user, not a public (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Suggestion for LUGNET frontpage

To those in charge of Lugent these days, I thought I'd make the following suggestion for an addition to the front page of LUGNET whenever a redesign is implemented and such. I'm just throwing this out there because I just thought of it this morning; (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Website status and future plans

Look for a major announcement tomorrow regarding LUGNET's future. -Suz (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact