 Administrative / General / 13002
13001  |  13003
Subject:
Suggestion for LUGNET frontpage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 16:34:56 GMT

To those in charge of Lugent these days,

I thought I'd make the following suggestion for an addition to the front page of
LUGNET whenever a redesign is implemented and such. I'm just throwing this out
there because I just thought of it this morning; whether or not the suggestion
is used, that's up to you guys.

About an hour ago I replied to an email from a potential client looking for a
particular type of LEGO attraction to be built. These days I am doing less and
less LEGO commssioned work, so for the umpteenth time I referred the person to
lugnet.com.

Now, what I think would be very helpful to these potential clients (as well as
the LUGNET community as whole) is if on the front page, very conspicuously
placed, is a prominent link that reads something like:

"Do you need something built out of LEGO?"
or
"Are you looking for a LEGO builder?"

The link would then go to a form page that the potential client could fill out
with a description as well as contact info (possibly highlighting what region of
the US/World they are in). The info would then be automatically posted to an
appropriate LUGNET group.

This would all have to be done as simply as possible. Most clients probably
would not want to search LUGNET, would not want to be bothered with potential
membership, etc... just give them a place to quickly submit their inquiry, and
make it clear to them that what info they submit (including contact info) would
be publicly posted to a group that is read by serious LEGO builders.

The LUGNET readers could contact them as they wished.

Just a thought,

eric harshbarger