 Administrative / General / 12780 (-20)
  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin L. Clague wrote: <snip> (...) Larry has provided me with convincing evidence that the email breakdown from his work to me on yahoo was not his doing. I will ask this though, given that you knew the email conduit was (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

In lugnet.admin.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote: <snip> (...) Nowhere in the charter did it say "stay on task and avoid time-consuming loops like debating personalities or picking apart past actions". Why would you create a charter with the working (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

(...) Define "active". Does activity require a specific number of posts per day for a particular group? A specific number of views per day? A specific number of e-mail subscriptions? Who is to set the baseline for comparison? This growth, or (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET members association

(...) ? Sorry, could you clarify that? Every reviewing action lately has been seen, there haven't been any non public timeouts given in quite a while. (...) ? Can you clarify that? I see no signs of that! (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

(...) <snip> (...) This is a huge point. Proofreaders. My perception of the group was that we were not able to agree or disagree with anything in the document, rather we were to simply point out syntax and grammar mistakes. Given that I openly don't (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET members association

(...) So, the democratic association rules on certain tabled options and in turn passes those options agreed upon to the aristocracy? How is that better exactly? -Duane (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

(...) For informal functions, that's probably a good idea. The LPRV, on the other hand, did/does have real power and responsibility: the power to change and steer and directly influence an important part of LUGNET's direction, and the responsibility (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

(...) Yeah, I know, you'd think as a web developer I'd take better care of the various presentation methods. There's a dash between the key learning and comment, that should help a little. Kelly McKiernan LUGNET Administrator (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

"Kelly J. McKiernan" <kelly.mckiernan@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:IFCuJu.A4A@lugnet.com... (...) Italics would work so much better if I weren't using the NNTP interface... (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

(...) Some very good comments in this thread (Dave and Larry especially have brought up some salient points), I'd like to paraphrase what I understand as the key learnings, with my comments in italics. LUGNET staff (admins) need to be aware of how (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

(...) Another personal preference: don't call it a committee. Treat it casually. "We asked some people if they wouldn't mind giving us some feedback". Calling it a committee implies that it's a group with power and responsibility. It could possibly (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET members association

(...) I think the problem is the way it's presented. Please, don't ever tell people not to talk about it. Telling people "this decision is final, don't discuss it anymore" is very stand-offish. You're right, the decision may indeed be final, but at (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: LUGNET members association

(...) LUGNET is not a democracy. A members association could be. Cheers Richie Dulin (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

Lenny, I'm still waiting for a response to this post. It has many questions directed specifically to you, including a request for specifics about the generalized comment that I am a liar. You claim you suspended Chris based on his LUGNET behavior, (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET members association

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) And as part of the admin staff, what are you going to do about this 'crux'? Wishing it away will not make it go away. Whereas I may agree that 'the community' may need to 'cut some slack' (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: LUGNET members association

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> We haven't really seen 'em, so how can we tell if they're incorrect? It's a matter of trust. Well, a prime minister of some country got on the telly last night and talked about (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: LUGNET members association

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) Nicely said, Larry. However, wouldn't you agree that, in specific instances (especially as we've seen recently) that there needs to be debate, especially since if there's a perceived (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: LUGNET members association

(...) PS, that's just the sort of "picking at every word" (questioning "endless" when you know what was meant) that deters participation. (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) Possibly due to the perceived lack of faith from 'the community' towards the admin team in a few areas, such as, and this is one example--dealing with apparent transgressions in an (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET members association

(...) Sorry, that was rhetoric. LUGNET is not infinite so there never has been an "endless" one. But there have been lots of interminable ones, don't you agree? (...) For a "made up" example The decision would be "person A gets a timeout of 48 hours (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact