 Administrative / General / 1213
Re: lugnet.duplo/toolo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 23:34:06 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

Abbreviations make typing easier/quicker but make memorization more
difficult.  In your mind, do the advantages of abbreviations (sys vs.
system, az vs. aquazone, ww vs. wildwest, etc.) outweigh the disadvantages
of not using abbreviations?

This wasn't addressed to me, but I think the disadvantage of unclarity
of the abbreviations outweigh the advantage of brevity.  What I think
there are is too many levels in the hierarchy.  Does system - for
example - have to be included?

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks