 Administrative / General / 1202
Re: lugnet.duplo/toolo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 14:22:52 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In the current list above, BTW, note the (undesirable) duplicity between
lugnet.lego.system.trains and lugnet.trains.  Not sure yet what to do
about that (or the LEGO MindStorms group for that matter).

Well, IMHO, if you decide to institute these groups using this
prefixing, I'd argue that lulgnet.trains should be renamed to
lugnet.lego.system.trains rather than there being two groups. Ditto for
mindstorms, and for starwars for that matter (which under this naming,
should become lugnet.lego.system.space.starwars). Having two of each
kind of group seems wrong, somehow.

However I'm not sure I support this naming convention. It's unwieldy.
What do the extra prefixes really buy you, after all?

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.